This Ableton channel strip is a quick easy to use plug in to add compression, low cut, high dampening/enhancement and limiting to a track:
- Comp Thresh – Controls the threshold amount of the compressor
- Comp Ratio – Controls the compressor ratio
- Comp Gain – Controls the compressor gain amount
- Low Cut Freq – Controls the low cut off frequency of the EQ Eight. Useful for taking out unwanted low end.
- High Frequency – Controls the frequency at where the High Dampening shelf begins.
- High Damp – Controls the gain of the high dampening shelf. You can either lower the gain of the dampening shelf to take out some of the high end. Or you can raise the gain to create a high shelf for boosting the high frequencies (similar to an enhancer).
- Limiter Ceiling – Controls how many decibels the limiter ceiling is set at. When summing multiple tracks to a master bus the decibel level increases. The limiter ceiling helps keep tracks at a lower decibel so that when the tracks are summed at the master bus there isn’t an overly increased gain.
- Limiter Gain – Controls the gain of the limiter. This is useful if you would push the quieter parts of the track towards the limiter ceiling giving it a louder limited volume.