This Ableton Live ducking delay effects rack has the ability to add a ducking delay to your audio track. Ducking delays are delays that only raise in volume when vocals or other instruments are not playing. Then the delays are quieted when the vocals or instruments sound is heard in the track. This happens automatically so that you don’t have to spend a lot of time programming delay automation.
Ducking Delay Controllable Parameters
The parameters of this effect are easy to control with the assigned macro knobs:
- Delay Volume – Controls the volume of the Ducking Delay
- Delay Attack – This controls how fast the volume of the ducking delays increases (you may have to adjust the feedback length to hear this with long attack times)
- Delay Time – Controls the delay time of the Ducking Delay starting at 1/16th note up to 1/2 note in 1/16 note increments. This is synced to your master tempo in Ableton
- Delay Feedback – how many delay repetitions are heard
- Filter Type – choose between Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass, Notch and Morph Filters
- Filter Frequency – choose the frequency the filter is set at. You can choose between 26Hz to 19.9kHz
- Filter Q – choose the resonance or Q of the filter
- Chorus Amount – this adds a mix of a chorus effect to the ducking delay.
- Dry Volume – You can adjust the amount of Dry Volume on the second chain inside the rack labeled “Dry” underneath the “Delay” chain.
This effects rack only works with Ableton Live. We do not guarantee this effects rack will work with versions of Ableton Live older then 9.6.1.